Tuesdays and Thursdays are the days when the kids are over at grandma’s house and I shut myself in my office, turn off email notifications and block all calls except for my wife and my mother-in-law. I have six thousand words to write and I’ll get the bulk of it done during the six hours the kids and Mrs. Rawson are out of the house. I also do the best I can to ignore the internet and just work. But I still have a bit of a blogging bug up my ass and I imagine this will help get me started for the day.
- I have the black out curtains drawn shut and the fan on high in my office and still hot as hell. I can feel the sun baking through the thick curtains.
- I’m a firm believer that the Phoenix metro area needs to adopt ‘Summer’ hours during the six months of the year that it’s over 100 degrees during the day. 80 and 90 degrees at night is still mighty uncomfortable, but not at blistering and annoying as 110 degrees of direct sunlight.
- I’m wrapping up the haunted house thing and then a science fiction thing today. The SF thing has been a slog mostly because of the publishers plot line, which is more or less repackaged Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica.
- Yeah, I don’t normally like talking shit about publishers, but sometimes I think they have to put a little more faith in the author to come up with a serviceable plot line for their book.
- Sometimes you’ve just got vent.
- The baby woke up at 5 am so I decided to watch Filth. It was as funny and weird as the book, which I really enjoyed when I read it 18 or 19 years ago.
- Today is a Stevie Wonder kind of day.
- That’s enough internet bullshit for one day